Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 01:13:12 -0500
From:      "Don  Tansey" <hyghlander@mindspring.com>
To:        "The Babbler" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linksys Combo Card PCMLM56

Brian:

Well after about four hours I have given up for the day.
The file you sent me:

#This is the Linksys card I have, with the fat holder.
#This is a speculative attempt to make it function as a modem.
#Of no use to me, but perhaps to Mr. Tansey.

    card "Linksys""EtherFast 10&100 + 56K PCCARD (PCMLM56)"
                config auto "sio"?
#If that doesn't work, try this one.
                config 0x3 "sio"?

either choice results in "Failed to allocate IRQ to Linksys.

I did a boot -c and found no conflicts with PCCARD which was
on IRQ 4 0x3f8, sio0 (and pccard dumcis shows IRQ 4 as a valid choice
for the card)

For giggles, and because I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer,
I also tried it on sio1 (0x2f8) and got the same message....

Thanks for the assist - I'll take another whack at it when I wake up
today.

Don

--Beware the fury of a patient man.