Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:01:47 +0200
From:      Torsten Zuehlsdorff <info@toco-domains.de>
To:        ruby@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Fausten <michael.fausten@googlemail.com>, Johannes Meixner <xmj@freebsd.org>, "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
Subject:   GitLab 8 released - already working on it :)

Hello,

GitLab 8 was already released. Current version is GitLab 8.0.2 to be
pedantic. ;)

While GitLab 7.14 is not in the ports yet, i will work on an update. To
make the live of Philip hopefully easier, i've decided to handle GitLab
8 as an update of GitLab 7.14.
This means while working on the new version Philip can uninterrupted
work on getting the previous version into the portstree. :)

I've already paired up with Michael Fausten again. We will store our
work here:
svn://svn.toco-domains.de/freebsd-ports/www/gitlab8

In the first step i've removed no longer needed dependencies from the
list. Also i adjusted the needed versions of the needed gems and started
an testrun. All needed gems which are already in the portstree have the
needed version. This is very fine :)

The next days Michael and i will create the new dependencies, adjusting
the documentation and start testing the new version.

@Philip: if you need anything from us to come along better with the
existing PRs: just say it.

Greetings,
Torsten