Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:50:47 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd vs. linux and NT chart

At 10:23 AM 3/3/99 +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

>I seem to recall that 2.2.8-RELEASE, which, mind you, was released
>*after* 3.0-RELEASE, was announced to be the last 2.2.x-RELEASE. If
>people didn't get a clue from that...

They got a clue. And that clue was that they should stick with it
until 3.x had settled, with the expectation that the ports would
be maintained and patches would be available for any really
egregious bugs or security holes. It ought to be the culmination
of all the work done up to that point -- not abandoned, but
considered to be a "golden" release that could be used for awhile.

--Brett