Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2012 23:18:24 +0100
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.1-RC3 reproducible kernel panic in ffs_valloc?

Hello :-)

After days of problem with my system storage (?) I think I have located the
issue, or at least I am able to reproduce it, please take a look at
attached picture (photo of a crash).

http://i45.tinypic.com/23qtcx.jpg

At first I thought that was the Ext2 filesystem issue, but then I have
replaced the filesystem to UFS2-SU+J (which increased transfer efficiency
and dramatically reduced filesystem check time compared to Ext2) but the
issue persisted. This problem occurs also when only / is mounted (no
additional storage locations only the OS).

Right now I am not sure if this is storage related anymore... but there are
some remarks about ffs. Crash occurs after I start Xorg (Kde3 WM, all
packages installed from binary packages with portinstall). Please let me
know if you need additional information/tests :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek