Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/12274: cd mount problems

The following reply was made to PR kern/12274; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, ikappa@essex.ac.uk
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:32:06 -0400 (EDT)

 I have similar problems with another Aztech drive, the AZT 26803I
 SE.  Instead of probing correctly on bootup, I would get a few
 atapi0.1: unknown phase errors.

 In addition, on a soft reboot, the system would hang momentarily
 on the wdc0 scan (no unknown phase errors this time around) and
 refuse to mount / (which is on wd0s1a) due to timeout errors.
 Cold-booting the system would allow mounting again but the drive
 still would not be probed.

 I seem to recall this drive working in the 2.2 tree as well, though
 it was in my parts bin for awhile, dragged out so a machine could
 have a drive, so I cannot say for certain.  I do have an old copy
 of 2.1.5 lying around, maybe I'll try that. :-)

 I know this is skimpy.  I shall try to get more information at a
 later date.  But I thought it would be worth a "me too!" at this
 point.

 Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
 Owner/Administrator, zigg.com
 Chief Engineer, Nameless IRC Network