Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:06:17 +0100
From:      PHILIP KEITH BETTINSON <pkb7@aber.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   the cd-rom

recently I purchased a book and the 4 cdroms that hold your operating system.
	Much to my disopointment I have found that some of the things that I
really need to use ( and those about your os that I really like ) don't
appear to be available on your cdroms, for example the kde window manager
appears to be missing libruaries, and the cdplayer for it refuses to work.
The linux emulator that you provided doesn't appear to work properly either.
	Unfortunately I need the linux emulator inorder to install the jdk ( which
isn't on the cd due to the licensing agreement of JAVA ( **snif**).

	Also with the KDE the mail handler doesn't save the mail once it has been
read, if I click on anouther mailbox, it will loose all information in the
previous mail box eg, just recived new mail, I read it and then click on
the outbox, when I return to the inbox, there are messages there but all
information, including sender etc has been lost.

There also seems to be problems intialising any x  mpeg player

If you could give me guidence on how to solve this problem it would be much
appriciated

Phil