Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 2009 00:26:14 -0400
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perennial suggestion to split freebsd-stable into  version-specific lists

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Thus, my suggestion. Split what is currently freebsd-stable into one
> list per branch. This year I even have a better suggestion for the
> names, freebsd-6@, freebsd-7@, and freebsd-8@. After the flag day mail
> sent to the existing -stable list can get an auto-reply explaining the
> new world order.
>

> What do you think?
>
> Doug

I think , this is a very good idea , because problems of each major version
is generally different from the other ones .

Even I have the idea about using Handbook separately for each major version
. Previously I sent a message about that but it is completely ignored .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk