Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:11:33 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        Greg Hennessy <Greg.Hennessy@nviz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Reset" Script, Anyone?

On 08/13/06 14:31, Greg Hennessy wrote:

>> Wait! That might render your box unaccessible.
>>
>> What if your terminal session dies? Then the pfctl command
>> after sleep will never be executed.
>
> Quite, for long distance management of any device like this, a 2[56]11
> plumbed into com0 configured as the console is not optional.
>

> Greg

Probably I was misinterpreting the term 'screen' as a terminal (ssh)
session. Probably you're lucky to have one but I don't have it on
several machines (yes, it's optional but even a good choice if you
can use one).

I guess (and even after re-reading the original post) the original
poster doesn't have a com terminal session. Doing things like that
in a ssh session is a bad idea. Just wanted to note this without
going into a fundamental discussion. ;)

Volker