Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 1995 07:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        "Christophe Fiorio, LIRMM 67-41-85-78" <fiorio@lirmm.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem (results)

On Thu, 7 Sep 1995, Christophe Fiorio, LIRMM 67-41-85-78 wrote:

> Some time ago I asked a question about what 28.8K external fax modem
> use for a PPP connection with FreeBSD. Her are a resume of the
>
> The most used (no doubt, many more responses as the others) is :
>
> USRobotics 28.8 sportster
>
> behind we have :
>
> USR Courier
>
> Microcom DeskPorte FAST 28.8kbps
>

> I was suprised to not receive any response about the suprafaxmodem. I
> forward you a post found in comp.dcom.modems about it. What do you
> think. Really nobody use it ?

I have a good friend that uses the Supra... and he is pleased with it...
he was replacing his Supra v.32bis modem...  and if I ever invest in a
28.8k modem it will be supra...  one thing I don't like about other
modems is how _HUGE_ they can be...  the supra is in a very nice and
small package and leads it self really well to stacking...  like I have a
stack of 3 of them...  and they are only a total of 4" tall...   hope
this helps... TTYL..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (503) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)