Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:31:04 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@gwdg.de>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdg.de>
Subject:   Re: FTP Mirror

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Konrad Heuer wrote:

> Hello and sorry for any inconvenience, but we have a possibly small
> request. We have mirrored ftp.freebsd.org for years now and we will become
> an official FreeBSD mirror site in Germany soon (Joerg Wunsch has already
> agreed). The administrator of our ftp server ftp.gwdg.de would like to
> continue to use rsync to mirror FreeBSD, and we have been told that we
> need to fetch the data from ftp-master.freebsd.org now. It would be very
> nice if we could use rsync to access the master server.

Please, please do that soon.
ftp-master.freebsd.org is still telling:
  @ERROR: access denied to FreeBSD from ftp.gwdg.de (134.76.11.100)

ftp.gwdg.de is ftp2.de.freebsd.org since yesterday, but the contents of

  ftp://ftp2.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/
  http://ftp2.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/
  rsync://ftp2.de.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/

are not up-to-date!
Some poor people already have downloaded 8 GB ancient stuff from here
since this morning...

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@gwdg.de, em@kki.org)