Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:38:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        Dan Ponte <dcp1990@neptune.atopia.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI errors on boot

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Dan Ponte wrote:

> Hi all.
> I've been seeing lots of ACPI errors in my dmesg lately. They haven't

> FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #3: Wed Jan 12 16:34:03 EST 2005

There were some changes to ACPI at about that time which caused
motherboards with buggy BIOSes to have problems.  These were fixed, at
least for me, pretty quickly.  See the freebsd-acpi mailing list for more
details, but I'd suggest updating your kernel/world to something in March.

I am running 5.3-STABLE on a Supermicro P6DGH (nice board, but really
weird - I20, many PCI slots, etc) and a Toshiba 8100 Tecra; the Tecra
wouldn't boot at all while this problem existed.

Mike Squires
UN*X at home
since 1986