Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:22:52 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libthr and 1:1 threading.

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:28:01 -0800
Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> The primary performance reasoning behind a 1:1 kernel threading
> implementation, relative to the user space single kernel entry
> scheduler in the libc_r implementation is SMP scalability for
> threaded applications.

I think Jeff (or someone else?) said, that some web browsers gain
"something" too (serialization issues with libc_r)? I had the impression
that this also applies to UP systems.

Do I misremember this? If not, does it not apply to UP systems as well?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Actually, Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the Ferengi.