Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:09:30 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <ahasty@mindspring.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, schimken@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12

I really have gone over and over the issue of the "Dark Side " of core not
just with myself but with other hackers and I am afraid that there is
no easy solution on sight aside from having a commercial entity where
individuals are held accountable and when they step way out of line
they can be fire. Perhaps you are correct and this
is the best organizational model that we can have and we just
have to accept it and live with it. BTW: The linux camp is in a similar
situation -- had a chat with VA Research where I pointed out a simple
behavior problem with Linux : I do an ftp download in a linux box and
periodically I see a slight pause -- VA research snap back saying that
the problem was due to the VM / Scheduler and that they couldn't
fix it because Linus held tight control over that section of the kernel.

I would like to know who took your commit priviliges away.

Amancio