Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:21:24 -0600
From:      Joe Warner <rootman22@comcast.net>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java Processes

Hi,

Does anyone know how to control the number of Java processes that get spawned
when running one of the variants in /usr/ports/java..? I'm running
linux-ibm-jdk1.3.1 and when I launch /usr/local/linux-ibm-jdk1.3.1/bin/java
it spawns 5 processes of java and it's bringing my system to it's knees!
There was an older version that I used to run that only spawned 1 process and
my system could handle it fine.

I've looked through the supplied documentation, this list and even Google and
can't find any instructions on how to limit these processes.

Thanks

Joe