Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:11:53 -0500
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acroread4? Yuck!

in message <200112091740.47678@starbreaker.net>,
wrote Matthew Graybosch thusly...

> Is it just me, or does the KDE2 PS/PDF viewer do a better job of
> rendering PDF files created with LyX, LaTeX and ps2pdf than
> acroread4 does? I tried formatting some text as PDF and displaying
> it in acroread and the font is so blocky and ugly.

recently, i converted a text file to ps (html2ps, ps2pdf). it was
displayed w/ anti-aliased font in 2x magnification. i didn't see any
ugly font rendering like you described.

are you sure that you have (1) anti-aliased option and (2,3) serif
and sans-serif font substitution options checked?

if you wish, i can send you a screenshot.

  - parv