Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 06:20:22 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "questions - freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   disregard - Re: Error: can't open display when I already have some open

I just restarted X and now all is fine, I don't know what caused the prob=
lem=20
below, it doesn't matter now.

--
Chip

On Thursday 13 December 2001 11:05 pm, you wrote:
> I just got true type fonts working on my machine, fbsd4.4, today and no=
w I
> am getting the following error when trying to open any more windows. I =
have
> only 5 windows (applications) open right now, when I try to run anythin=
g I
> get this:
>
> bash-2.05$ Konqueror &  =09=09(or any app)
> [1] 56911
> bash-2.05$ Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached
> Eterm:  Error:  can't open display :0.0
>
> [1]+  Exit 1                  Konqueror
> bash-2.05$
>
> Any ideas what I need to do to be able to run more apps or open more
> windows? How did adding true type font support cause this problem?

--=20
Windows 95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patc=
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.