Date:      Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:34:38 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "robin" <robin@megatron.f9.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom RBM56G (Global Access cardbus modem)

> From: "robin" <robin@megatron.f9.co.uk>
> Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:34:57 +0100
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Has anyone had any luck getting the Xircom RBM56G cardbus modem working
> under Freebsd?
>
> It works fine under Linux, using the pcmcia_cs module, well until 2.4.3
> kernel.

Are you trying this under -current? CardBus is only supported under
current. Beyond that, I've not seen any comment on this card and the
Xircom web site does not state that it's a WinModem but does say:
"Supports all popular network operating systems including Microsoft
Windows NT, Windows 95/98 and Windows 3.x"

If it's a WinModem it would work with Linux (with the Lucent kernel
module), but not FreeBSD.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)