Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 17:58:42 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        horikawa@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk, ru-freebsd-doc@freebsd.ru, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk
Subject:   Re: [RU-DOC] FDP Directory Reorganization

On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 10:30:05PM +0900, horikawa@jp.freebsd.org wrote:
>    - ja-man-1.1g (ports/japanese/man):
>      locale capable man program based on GNU man-1.1 (FreeBSD's man
>      program is also based on GNU man-1.1).
>      ja-man-1.1g's man program calls `setlocate(LC_CTYPE, "")', gets
>      a string formed "<language>_<country>.<code_table>" and searches
>      manual pages in following subdirectories under `manpath`.

Interesting. I plan to make similar changes to system "man", so I'll look
there...
I especially disagree about directories searched:
>      * <language>_<country>.<code_table>
Ok.
>      * <language>_<country>
>      * <language>
These two comes without encoding which is plain wrong assuming some
mysterious encoding must be hardcoded elsewhere. I suggest one variant for
replacement of these two:

<language>.<code_table>

--
Andrey A. Chernov