Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:30:12 -0500
From:      Jamie Novak <novak@oss.uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aureal Soundcard in Stable...

On 10/23, Trenton Schulz rearranged the electrons to read:
> The kernel I built for 4.1.1-Release works just fine, but now all I
> get is a page fault followed by a panic.  Have I missed something that
> recently changed or does this driver just not work anymore?

For what it's worth, I've been having the same problem for roughly 3
weeks.  I never did figure out what was causing it and finally had to
just take pcm out of my kernel to keep from triggering a panic and
reboot whenever something tried to make a sound...

If you figure out what's wrong, I'd love to hear it... ;-)
Nothing I did seemed to make matters any better.

- Jamie