Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:51:22 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.fraunhofer.de>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: time_t on sparc64

At 10:39 AM +0200 10/14/03, Harti Brandt wrote:
>  I guess we have to do this work before 2038, don't we? If
>  we don't do it before 5.2 we have to stick with this until
>  6.0. Correct?

While the project has been taking a mighty long time to get
to "5.x-stable", I do think we should make it to "6.x-stable"
before 2038...

I do wish we could go for 64-bit times.  However, I do not
agree that we can just keep tossing in major API changes
to the 5.x branch.  We will never get to 5.x-stable if we
constantly add major API changes to the 5.x branch.