Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:40:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Strick <strick@covad.net>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/55473: Mouse broken on some AWARD BIOS with ACPI enabled

The following reply was made to PR i386/55473; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dan Strick <strick@covad.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, shizukakudo_99@yahoo.com,
	strick@covad.net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:30:48 -0700

 This bug (or "glitch", depending on your point of view) report,
 i386/55473, was submitted with
 a non-critical Severity level parameter and a medium Priority level.  I
 think this bug report should
 be taken much more seriously by the FreeBSD person who eventually
 processes this bug report.

 A workstation is essentially useless without a working mouse.  I happen
 to be one of the unlucky
 people with an AWARD BIOS that is subject to this bug.  The misbehavior
 came and went with
 the phases of the moon.  I became immensely frustrated and more than a
 little depressed.
 If I had not found this problem report and hacked acpi_pci_link.c to
 make the problem go away,
 I would have had to abandon FreeBSD release 5.1 and would not have been
 able to use my new
 PC for many months.  (I am quite grateful to Shizuka Kudo for submitting
 this problem report.)

 Please make sure this nasty bug gets noticed and fixed in the FreeBSD
 CURRENT
 development branch.

 Thanks,

 Dan Strick