Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:53:46 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My First Port

--==========8700766112E90E49DBFC==========

--On Tuesday, July 03, 2007 14:28:34 -0400 "Michael W. Lucas"=20
<mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After twelve years in FreeBSD, I've finally come across a piece of
> software that I need that isn't a port already.  The software is
> mod_auth_xradius, for Apache:
>
> http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_auth_xradius/
>
> I went through the porter's guide and made an attempt to build a port.
> I'm sure it's wrong, so I'm not send-pr-ing it yet.  You can find my
> port at:
>
> http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/mod_auth_xradius.tgz
>
> While this program is small, Radius authentication for Web sites is
> one of those things that is absolutely vital for those of us who need
> it.  Having it in-tree would be really nice.
>
> I would appreciate any comments, critiques, etc., before I submit
> this.  (Or, if you ports guys would rather I submit it as-is and then
> tell me all the things I did wrong, I'm OK with that too.)  While I'm
> not a ports guy, I'm willing to try to maintain this.

One more thing.  Your PLIST_FILES will depend upon which version of Apache=20
is installed.  For example, if Apache 20 is installed, mod_auth_xradius.so=20
is in /usr/local/libexec/apache2/ and your PLIST_FILES entry will fail to=20
remove it, since you specify apache22 as the path.

So, PLIST_FILES should be like this:
PLIST_FILES=3D    ${APACHEMODDIR}/mod_auth_xradius.so

That way, no matter which version of apache2 is installed, the library will =

be properly removed on deinstall.

--=20
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst