Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:00:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
To:        Marty Leisner <leisner@rochester.rr.com>, Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: learn and teach

Dear Marty

Thank you. I tried to install to linux but got the
error

Could you help me?

[root@mail learn]# ls
README  learn.ms  learn_no_ar.tar.gz  lib  src
[root@mail learn]# cd src
[root@mail src]# make
cc -o learn -g '-DLLIB="../lib"' learn.c
learn.c: In function `system':
learn.c:653: warning: assignment from incompatible
pointer type
learn.c:654: warning: assignment from incompatible
pointer type
learn.c:665: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from
incompatible pointer type
learn.c:666: warning: passing arg 2 of `signal' from
incompatible pointer type
/tmp/ccEuh0QQ.o: In function `dounit':
/usr/local/packages/learn/src/learn.c:369: the `gets'
function is dangerous and should not be used.
cc -g tee.c -o tee
cc -g lcount.c -o lcount
cp learn tee lcount ../lib
Do 'make lessons' if you need to extract the lesson
archives
Do 'make play; make log' to make playpen and log
directories
[root@mail src]# make lessons
rm -rf ../lib/files
mkdir ../lib/files
(cd ../lib/files; ar x ../files.a)
ar: ../files.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [files] Error 9

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/who/bwk/learn_no_ar.tar.gz