Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:53:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brian Wolter <bwolter@students.depaul.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2nd HDD problem

two days ago the read/write head on my master hdd somehow got royally
messed up rendering the drive useless.  today a replaced the master drive
and reinstalled FreeBSD.  my second hdd, which i also used in conjunction
with the now ruined drive contains about 12 Gigs of data that i need back.
(both drives are UFS, partitioned under FreeBSD)

i just finished reinstalling FreeBSD, but trying to mount the second
drive, that wasn't damaged, produces the error "incorrect super block". i
checked the label editor and the slices still exist, however the
corrosponding devices in /dev (should be ad5s1b and ad5s1e) don't.

how can i create the appropriate device so i can once again mount this
drive without jepordizing it's contents? (or any other solution that would
work here)

thanks in advance.

peace,
brian