Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:41:23 +0000
From:      Darren Wyn Rees <merlin@netlink.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing boot manager (dual boot, two disks, w2k, freebsd)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:37:13PM +0000, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:

> I've installed FreeBSD 4.3 on hard disk two in a box,
> with Windows 2000 on hard disk one.  I chose not to
> install the boot loader as I wasn't sure if it would
> work.
>
> Will the boot loader that comes with FreeBSD be able
> to reside on hard disk one, and dual boot hard disk
> one and FreeBSD on hard disk two ?

FreeBSD is the secondary slave, disk one is primary master,

I've tried re-installing it, and installing the boot manager,
but when I boot the machine the FreeBSD boot loader just
comes up with gibberish ...

	F1 FreeBSD
	F5 Drive 1

or

	F1 ????
	F5 Drive 0

WTF.

Totally confused.  I can boot into Windows 2000, but no
way of booting into the FreeBSD disk.

--
Darren Wyn Rees			merlin@netlink.co.uk