Date:      Thu, 08 Dec 2011 17:37:54 +0000
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Attila_Bog=E1r?= <attila.bogar@linguamatics.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enquiry about Dell H200, H700 and H800 support

Hi List,

We are buying a Dell box for a ZFS purpose (yes, I know, they don't
support FreeBSD, but I have to stick with Dell),
I'd like to enquire about their SAS HBA support.

Last year we bought a PowerEdge R515 with H200, but I couldn't get H200
working with more than 8 LUNs (mps driver).  I raised the problem that
time on the freebsd-drivers list, with some debugging of the mps driver,
but I'm not aware anyone solved it.

That time I replaced the H200 with an LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i, using LSI's
driver, which I'd like to avoid this time and use Dell HBAs, because the
built in cables doesn't fit.

What's the current status of H200, H700 and H800 in 8-STABLE?

My understanding is that H200 was supported by the mps driver from 9.0,
but this thread is confusing me:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=25776+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2011/freebsd-scsi/20110313.freebsd-scsi

This thread from April talks about the mfi driver.  Does the mfi driver
supports H200 too?

BTW H200 is much cheaper, than H700 or H800.

I can see furthermore that the thread above solves the timeout problems
on mfi.
John Baldwin commited a patch for mfi too in September I think which
solved the same problem.

When using this patched mfi on 8-STABLE, how stable is it with the Dell
HBAs?

Thanks you all in advance for your valuable comments,

   Attila