Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:42:53 -0700
From:      "Lane Spiers" <lane@spiersfamily.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SMC Wireless Errors

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C1D98B.810F0010

I'm fairly new to the FreeBSD world, although I've used Solaris and =
Linux for the last 10 years or so.  I just installed 4.5 on my laptop =
(Toshiba Tecra 8000 - latest BIOS).  Everything seemed to work well out =
of the box.  On boot up, my SMC 2632W wirless NIC is properly identified =
and assigned to the wi0 interface.  When I attempt to ifconfig it, it =
accepts the IP address and mask, and appears to communicate with the =
access point.  When I attempt to ping another host on my network, I get: =
"wi0: watchdog timeout".  I've looked throught the archives a little =
bit, and saw a similar post that recommended upgrading the firmware on =
the card.  I tried that, but it didn't appear to make any difference.

Does anyone have any other ideas?  Has anyone else been able to get this =
NIC to work w/ FreeBSD?

Thanks.
Lane

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C1D98B.810F0010

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm fairly new to the FreeBSD world, =
although I've=20
used Solaris and Linux for the last 10 years or so.&nbsp; I just =
installed 4.5=20
on my laptop (Toshiba Tecra 8000 - latest BIOS).&nbsp; Everything seemed =
to work=20
well out of the box.&nbsp; On boot up, my SMC 2632W wirless NIC is =
properly=20
identified and assigned to the wi0 interface.&nbsp; When I attempt to =
ifconfig=20
it, it accepts the IP address and mask, and appears to communicate with =
the=20
access point.&nbsp; When I attempt to ping another host on my network, I =
get:=20
"wi0: watchdog timeout".&nbsp; I've looked throught the archives a =
little bit,=20
and saw a similar post that recommended upgrading the firmware on the=20
card.&nbsp; I tried that, but it didn't appear to make any=20
difference.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone have any other ideas?&nbsp; =
Has anyone=20
else been able to get this NIC to work w/ FreeBSD?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lane</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C1D98B.810F0010--