Date:      24 Nov 2002 15:26:58 -0800
From:      Steve Wingate <s.wingate@cox.net>
To:        Dead Line <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ATI SVGA and the X window

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 14:05, Dead Line wrote:
    Hello everyone,

        Im sending this email after hell of times of trying and after many
        days of trying..

        Im on PIII 733, FreeBSD 4.3-R fresh installation.
        Im trying to Install the X-WIndow system thro the FreeBSD CD I have
        I faild!

        When I choose Setup xf86cfg The graphical mode,
        and I choose my VGA Card... (which not specified exactly)
        it says (Unable to start X)

        My VGA is ATI - Rage 128 Pro, AGP 4X

        and the cards in list is (ATI-Rage 128 (generic))

        anyway i tried many cards its faild.. also i installed the SVGA MACH
        and many others but still the same..

        Please anyhelp is appreciate it

What's in /var/log/XFree86.0.log ?
Try xf86config instead