Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:43:08 -0400
From:      Kris von Mach <dev@swishmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems booting 4.4 on dual athlon thunder k7

Hi,

I have tried to install 4.4-rel booting from a floppy. While booting the
process freezes after detecting sc0 device... The floppy drive light is on,
but it's frozen.

My config is:

Tyan thunder k7 dual 1.2Ghz AthlonMP
256MB pc2100 samsung
Adaptec 3200s raid 128mb cache

Latest thunder k7 bios and latest Adaptec 3200s bios as well.

onboard scsi is disabled.
using only the onboard builtin VGA and lan.

I am at a loss, I have no idea why it's freezing... I have tried to disable
most of devices in the kernel config. I have tried different settings in
bios as well. Nothing seems to help... Windows 2000 installs fine on it...

The archives seem to show that everyone running this motherboard has no
problems, that is why I got it... But I didn't see anyone running this
board with 3200s...

Any ideas?

__
Kris.