Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 14:48:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Cross <cross@math.psu.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange make failure?

Doing a make world for the last few days seems to fail horribly:

: big-o; runas make world
 Making hierarchy
cd /usr/src/etc &&              make distrib-dirs
[...]
find . -name obj | xargs rm -rf
make cleandir
make: don't know how to make cleandir. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
: big-o;

I haven't seen anyone else point this out, however, so I must be doing
something wrong.  :-)  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  btw-
doing a make -DNOCLEANDIR world only dies later on with a make depend
somewhere.  The machine in question is a 486/33 with 8 megs of RAM and
a gig IDE disk (the only thing that I could find)...  Looking at the
Makefile in /usr/src reveals that there is no target for cleandir:.
I tried deleting the Makefile and re-supping, but no go.  :-(

Any and all help is greatly appreciated for a -current neophyte.  :-)
If I'm doing something really stupid, then please don't flame me too
hard.  :-)

	- Dan C.