Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:03:21 -0500
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        Porting software to FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: latest MySql?

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 02:09:24 -0500 Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> articulated:

> 	MySql-6.* is no longer in the ports tree.  Things depend on it.
> 	Is there information on what happened and what the alternatives  are?

I have MySQL-6 installed. I have several applications that depend on it.
What would be the recommended method to replace it with the latest
stable release of MySQL? I see that 'portupgrade' offers quite a few
options. Would one of them work? I really do not want to have to rebuild
all of my applications that depend on MySQL-6 if possible.

Thank you!

--
Carmel
carmel_ny@hotmail.com