Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 20:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        pst@shockwave.com
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   qcam/FreeBSD: It works, sort of

Hello!

Thanks for your hard work on the QuickCam kernel driver.  My mission in
life, to get my qcam working under vic, is nearly complete.

I'm having two problems:

1.  Instead of getting one large image, I'm getting two smaller ones
going across the top.  Changing the image type to "small" gets it to fill
the area, but then the image is blocky.

2.  I can't control the image brightness, contrast etc. from inside vic.
qcamcontrol doesn't appear to affect the setting; I take a snapshot at
4bpp (and the console confirms) but as soon as I turn on transmission the
console reports that it is in 6bpp mode.  I'm guessing this is a vic
problem, but maybe you (or multimedia-) have some suggestions.

This is vic 2.7a37.  I have 2.7b2 but not compiled for quickcam.  I don't
have the resources currently to recompile it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!