Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 01:00:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        croot@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de, regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk, current@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates and smp crash

> > You are right, crash after 10 mins with -j8 !
> > Werner
>
> So we can still say that softupdates are broken, at least for SMP.

It would be more useful (than saying this) for people to characterize
the problem they are getting so that we can find a discriminitory
value.  I suggest:

Result:		crash/stable
Disk1:		IDE/EIDE/SCSI
Disk2:		IDE/EIDE/SCSI
DiskN:		IDE/EIDE/SCSI
CAM:		Yes/No
AHC_TAGENABLE:	Yes/No
/tmp is MFS	Yes/No
Processor:	Pentium/P2/etc.
SMP BIOS:	1.1/1.4
APIC INT:	Yes/No
Motherboard:	ASUS/Compaq/HP/etc.

I also suggest using the SMP list for this instead of -current.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.