Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:32:01 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Thoughts on Web Site Design / Builder apps?

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 07:06:54PM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>    Thanks to everyone that's gotten back to me on this post.
>
> I've just been to the bluefish web-site and think it just might be what
> I had in mind!
>
> Only, I'd like to know from list members that actually use bluefish on
> FreeBSD what they really think of it (performance, compatibility issues,
> strange gotchas & and any dreaded undocumented "features" that bluefish
> might come with.

Confession time - I don't write a great deal of HTML.  Now that's out of
the way...  On the occasions I have used Bluefish, I can honestly say I
have never had any trouble with it.  As the website clearly states, it's
very much a work-in-progress, but not at all bad for all that.

It's built on GTK, which is tried and tested, and it has a very small
footprint, given its capabilities.  As long as you have a good reference
by your side, you should get along just fine.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \