Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:26:25 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's the right way to build XFree86-4 now?

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 11:58:51PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> Have many people had a chance to test this?  I wanted to try it out
> this weekend, but I lost most of the weekend due to other problems
> with compiling current on my test machine.  I finally got by those
> problems, but now it's midnight on Sunday and I can't really afford
> to start on this right now...

Sorry, me not. I also was struggling with -CURRENT buildworld during the
weekend and my machine is slow. I rebuilt X with the most recent patch
to libGLU from this list and libGLU now seems working. (with the system
compiler) The machine freezes under X quite frequently however, but I
don't know what is causing it. (and X freezes have the disgusting
property of locking up the system solid: no console, no network, nothing
in the logs.)

Life is sometimes hard in -CURRENT land, but hey, we should never loose
our sense of humour. (And yes, maybe I really should get another
graphics card... the S3 Virge GX2 may also take part of the blame for
the lockups...)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM