Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 18:36:41 -0500
From:      Ted Spradley <tsprad@mail.metronet.com>
To:        keyser@clio.rice.edu (Kevin Keyser)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: frozen virtual terminals on Dell system

> The install went smoothly and the system boots fine and recognizes all
> the hardware for which I have the kernel configured.  At some point
> (not coincident with any other event I can think of) the system stops
> responding to all keyboard input, just as if the keyboard had been
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> unplugged.
  ^^^^^^^^^
Have you eliminated exactly that?  I have a wonderful little IBM keyboard that
I was using with a mini-DIN to normal-DIN adapter plus an extension cable, and
I got the same symptoms quite often.  The connections all seemed fine when I
checked them, but if I disconnected and reconnected it, it would immediately
start working fine again.  Just a flakey connector, I guess.

Doesn't hurt to check the really stupid stuff.

> Kevin Keyser
> keyser@clio.rice.edu
Ted Spradley <A HREF="mailto:tsprad@metronet.com">tsprad@metronet.com </A> +1-972-484-5356
Brisco: "...the more I learn the less I know."
Bowler: "At the rate we're learning things we won't know nothing in no time."