Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 15:49:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Alkis Evlogimenos <shiratsoi@flashcom.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "The Design and Implementation of the 4.4bsd Operating System"

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Chuck Robey wrote:

> On Sun, 7 May 2000, Alkis Evlogimenos wrote:
>
> > Can you also recommend any other books describing the internals of the
> > FreeBSD OS which are a closer match than the above?
>
> Nope.  It's still the best ref.  Ask me again in 9 months, maybe there'll
> be a different answer, because another one is in the works (I think David
> Greenman is one of the authors of a new one) but reading that book will
> help a whole lot, it's very definitely not a waste of time.

	Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall hearing that Kirk McKusick is
working on a new edition called "The Design and Implemntation of the
FreeBSD OS".  Maybe I heard this at FreeBSDCon.  Maybe it was all the beer
during Kirk's talk combined with wishful thinking. ;-)

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]