Date:      Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:12:11 +0800
From:      he ccjj <heccjj1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   very strange net problem in FreeBSD 5.4

Hi,everyone.
I met a very strange net problem in FreeBSD 5.4,it disturbed me very
long time,i like freebsd very much,but if this problem can't be
resolved,i have to give up it.:(

The problem is just like this:
My server box located in the education network at China(this is a
special net work,mainly for the schools of China),with
apache2+cronolog+mysql+pureftp in the same box.The users out of the
education network frequently can't visit the www serve of my
box,specially at morning(perhaps haven't visit after a long time?).But
the users of education network seldom met this problem.Perhaps you
will think about that is because of the education network,but the
strange thing is that another box with Windows 2003 whith the same
netwok condition just works fine,the users out of education network
visit it very well.So I think the problem is just because of my box's
OS!

Firstly,I think perhaps it's because of the TTL of the two OS are
different,so I change my FB's TTL to 255,but the problem occurs
too.The users frequetly complain they can't visit!

Because of cronolog?Apache?Or just because I used virtual website in
Apache2? Or other reason lead to the router can't give a stable
route?Why the windows OS with the same network condition work so well?
Why?
Help me please!
I have met this problem about half an year!