Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:30:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vassilis Laganakos <vassilis.laganakos@yahoo.com>
To:        Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARMv7 - EABI - Cross Compiler

Hello Sam,

----- Original Message ----

Thanks for confirming the sanity of the approach. It's good to know that I'm walking
the right path. :o)

> I believe you will find many small changes to
> base code required by the later version of gcc (depending on compile options).

Ok, I'll log everything down.

> If you work with HEAD instead of RELENG_7 then these changes can likely be
> merged and will simplify your effort in the future.

Great. Although I want to track RELENG-7 for my box, until RELENG-8 moves to
stable :o) Would I have to use the latest binutils too, or these are already there
in HEAD?

> Ideally you should be able
> to install the gcc port, pull freebsd code, and then use the xdev  build
> mechanism to cross-build w/ the toolchain.

Thanks for the outline. Do you mean an existing gcc port, or the port I'm trying to pull
together? Haven't used xdev before, I just build stuff by defining TARGET
and TARGET_ARCH.

I'll look more into this and I'll get back with more results and almost certainly more
questions! :o)

Many thanks,

Vassilis L.