Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:54:00 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "Steehouder, R.J." <r.j.steehouder@kpn.com>
Subject:   DE205 disfunctional

Dear all,

I have run into an DE205 card that our le driver was unable to drive. The
mailing list archives suggest replacing the card, which we have done.

Perhaps HARDWARE.TXT should be updated with something like "DE205 is known
to be problematic".

As a side note: if I compile the de driver for a 3c305 card into the kernel
and I install the kernel, it does not show anything in dmesg. It shows up in
the visual kernel boot config, but it does not say anything like "ed0: not
found". Why is that? What am I missing?

    Kees Jan

 TV is the worst  of both  worlds.  It's not  as
 good at words  as radio is because the pictures
 are a distraction  which demand  attention, and
 it's not as good as cinema because the pictures
 are not nearly as good.       [Douglas Adams]