Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:09:18 +0200
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>, Derrich <dhafemann@attbi.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: keramik-1.0

On Monday 28 October 2002 08:01, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> >> (10.27.2002 @ 1528 PST): Derrich said, in 0.3K: <<
> >
> > Adam,
> >
> > 	It seems like the keramik port is broken (and I'm also having
> > difficulty compiling it from source, but I'm not asking for your
> > help with that). I'm just wondering if this port is going to
> > permanently "broken" or if I can look forward to it being
> > re-introduced into the ports tree.
> >
> >> end of "FreeBSD Port: keramik-1.0" from Derrich <<
>
> Derrich -
>
> To the best of my knowledge, the keramik port was removed from the
> ports system altogether, because it was in a state of permanent
> brokedness.
>
> There is talk of a new keramik being released - and this time, not
> just a hack on top of the KDE CVS tree at a specific point. There is
> also talk of the kermik functionality going into the next version of
> KDE. The bottom line is: I hope that keramik will someday return, but
> I wouldn't hold my breath.

As AlanE says, Keramik *will* be part of KDE 3.1, due before the end of
the year.

I've been using it in KDE CVS builds for several months (on and off),
and the last FreeBSD related issue (a build time one) was fixed a week
or so ago.

I don't personally like the style, but that's another issue  ;)

A.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."