Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:37:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two queries [ KDE / XFree86 ]

Greetings, I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered the following, and
what solutions you may have come up with / ideas you may have.

This may not be a FreeBSD problem, since I am using the latest XFree86
pre-4.0 snapshot.

First:

Almost every time I load a page in Netscape (latest port), I get the
message:

"XFree86-BigFont extension: shmat() failed, size = 4096, errno = 24"

Second:

Using KDM in place of XDM, XFree86 just dies immediately, resulting in
several attempts at launching, and then a 30 second pause.  XFree86 works
perfectly otherwise.

The main reason I'm asking this here is so that if it is a known problem
with -current, I'll have no need to investigate further, and i can just
wait until it's fixed.

If it is not a known problem, then I shall report my findings to the
relevant parties.

Cliff Rowley

- while (!asleep) { code(); }