Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:27:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      abuse@mindspring.net
To:        bkruk@ix.netcom.com
Subject:   Issue 001214-18234395

| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Hello,

We have recently received a complaint of intrusive port scans.  Upon
investigating, we have determined that this alleged abuse is originating
from your account. In a case like this, we like to let you know about the
report, so that you may take a moment to review our policies regarding
network unfriendly activity and netiquette.  It is our hope that by
notifying you of the report, we are helping to avoid any further incidents
of this nature.

Please view our appropriate use policy, it is available at:

http://www.mindspring.net/aboutms/policy.html

Pay particular attention to the following section:

"Privacy violations:
Attempts, whether successful or unsuccessful, to gain access to any
electronic systems, networks or data, without proper consent, are
prohibited."

These types of cases are often escalated by some sort of misunderstanding,
by keeping us informed, you will be helping us avoid that.

Regards,

Erich Hablutzel

EarthLink/MindSpring AUP Abuse Investigator

portion of logs detailing incident:

FWIN,2000/12/11,18:39:54 +10:00
                   GMT,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0,203.164.30.182:0,ICMP

FWIN,2000/12/11,18:40:16 +10:00
                   GMT,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41374,203.164.30.182:33489,UDP

FWIN,2000/12/11,18:40:20 +10:00
                   GMT,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41374,203.164.30.182:33490,UDP

WIN,2000/12/11,18:40:26 +10:00
                   GMT,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41374,203.164.30.182:33491,UDP