Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:44:34 +0100
From:      Peter Harrison <peter.piggybox@virgin.net>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        four.harrisons@googlemail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI & battery issues

Saturday,  2 October 2010 at 17:01:41 -0400, Eitan Adler said:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM,  <four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I get the same messages with the stock acpi on a Lenovo S10e. Someone on the acpi list (who's name I forget) wrote a patch which removes the error. If you think it might help I'll root it out and forward it on.
>

> I'll be happy to take a look at the patch and see if it solves my
> problem. does the patch just remove the error message or solve a
> specific problem that might be causing the issue?

Eitan,

I've attached the patch - this came from David Naylor on the ACPI list. If I understand what he told me at the time, it doesn't fix the problem entirely - but I can't pretend I understand ACPI. I know it means that on my S10e I no longer get spammed with ACPI errors - and that my battery status and shutdown work properly.

The patch applies to /usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_ec.c

It needs some new entries in /boot/loader.conf to adjust the timeouts and delays - which you can tinker with. The settings given are what works for me - but search the acpi list archives for David's original email:

debug.acpi.ec.delay="200"
debug.acpi.ec.gpe="1"
debug.acpi.ec.timeout="100"

Hope it helps,