Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:07:00 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        druida <druid@eoe-magical.org>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Quota change to Fstab crashed system

At 03:57 PM 3/14/99 , druida wrote:
>Ok the change I tried causes me to boot up in single mode
>need to edit fstab but cant reach vi, what can I do to recover.?

ed ?

Of course, you'll also need to be able to mount / with write access to edit
fstab.

If you have web access, you can try www.freebsd.org's web-accessible
manpages, or one of the old daemonnews.org issues has an ed tutorial (for
when you can't use vi).

BTW, this is your fourth message to -questions concerning quotas this
evening. It's just a little bit annoying.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441