Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:51:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RTF_CLONING vs RTF_PRCLONING

<<On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:45:28 +0200, Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr> said:

> I agree, then... Isn't it already the purpose of RTF_CLONING ?
> When should RTF_PRCLONIG be set ?

RTF_PRCLONING is set automatically by the protocol to cause host
routes to be generated on every unique lookup.

RTF_CLONING is set when the route is added (either manually, or
automatically for interface routes) to indicate that a more specific
route (possibly a host route) needs to be generated on every unique
lookup.

RTF_XRESOLVE is set when the target of the newly cloned route is not
known by the kernel and must be set up by a user process.  I'm not
sure if anything ever used this, although I guess it could be used to
implement ISIS.

-GAWollman