Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:33:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      home@jukkis.net
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NVidia Drivers Released !

On 12-Nov-2002 Erik Paulsen Skålerud wrote:
> I also got that tuxracer Sig 11 right away on startup. I -think- that
> this was the solution for me, I cannot guarantee it 100%..
> Before build, set the environment variable __GL_SINGLE_THREADED - that
> should do the trick. In a c-style shell, you can do this by executing
> setenv __GL_SINGLE_THREADED, or in a bourne-style shell by executing
> export __GL_SINGLE_THREADED. A fix for this is in the works. (from
> http://www.thirteenandtwo.org/nvidia/faq.html)

I'd have to say "kind of" "me too". Got ut2003_demo and unreal tournament
working by adding lines
__GL_SINGLE_THREADED=1
export __GL_SINGLE_THREADED

to ut2003 and ut execution scripts, naturally no building there.

That idea that Pierrick Brossin said, having people to report and make how-to's
on successful game installations would be nice, especially since it would get
this thread off -stable (I'd figure it belongs most likely to -multimedia,
haven't read the -multimedia list 'what belongs to multimedia list' thingie
lately thou. however I'm pretty sure -stable is NOT 'this is the place to
go if you don't get your games working')

That said, any existing site somewhere, where this kind of how-to's would go?
Volunteers to build up a little forum?
(I would, I could, but I'm too busy, sorry.)