Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 09:47:30 -0600
From:      Keith Ward <kward@panther.net>
To:        ache@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, hurtta+elm@ozone.FMI.FI
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: elm-2.4ME+61

[Actually Re: elm-2.4ME+68]

After cvsupping to current branch on ports yesterday, I ran into errors
on the
pl68 port of elm.

Earlier (ME+61) ports did not have 'dotlock' included in the
pre-configure script
and this appears to break the current version since /var/mail is (by
default) set
to mode 775 root.mail.  In order for the current port to work, it would
have to
be installed setgid(mail), which it isn't.

Further testing also reveals that excluding (changing to 'undef')
dotlock in the
pre-configure script breaks the build:

cc -I../hdrs     -c len_next.c
cc -I../hdrs     -c mail_gets.c
cc -I../hdrs     -c mbox.c
mbox.c: In function `mbx_free_spool':
mbox.c:972: structure has no member named `lockfile'
mbox.c:973: structure has no member named `lockfile'
mbox.c:974: structure has no member named `lockfile'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Since the lockfile member is excluded from the struct in mbx_imp.h based
on the
define for USE_DOTLOCK_LOCKING, and the mbox.c file does not use ifdefs
around
the various code where the lockfile member is used.

Also, shouldn't the port have been renamed to reflect the current patch
level?

Please copy replies directly, as I am not subscribed to 'ports'.

Thanks,
Keith
kward@panther.net