Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:57:40 +0200
From:      Alberto Villa <villa.alberto@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   show port commit history in portmaster

--Boundary-00=_1bYrKHVsXcxee6R

hello!
encouraged by a request, i've written this small utility (attached) to show
the commit history for a port (using freshports.org), and i was wondering...
how about adding this functionality to portmaster?
here's an example of its output:

$ ./portchangelog.sh editors/vim
===>>> Gathering commit history for editors/vim
  ===>>> Number of commits found: 220 (showing only 100 on this page)

=================>>>
29 Jul 2009 21:19:43 >> 7.2.239
Committer: wxs@FreeBSD.org
Chase patch rename so that it passes "make checksum"

=================>>>
29 Jul 2009 08:40:23 >> 7.2.239
Committer: obrien@FreeBSD.org
Change name of diked patch.

at the moment it is a bit rough (it is just a shell script), but i can make it
more serious if wanted (eg. not using a "&nbsp;" to identify a field)
so... what do you think about this?
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto@gmail.com>

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error. --
Weisert

--Boundary-00=_1bYrKHVsXcxee6R--