Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:23:44 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [nickm@t-online.de: WAN Adapters with FreeBSD Driver Support]

Hey, how come I get my ass flamed if I blatently advertise on this list? :-(

Saying theres a driver available is one thing, but the inverse muxes and
all that other crap is a bit out of line.

But what I want to know is who wrote that product summery on the web site?
"transmits and recieves variable length frames"...wow thats really something!

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.

http://www.etinc.com
T1/T3 boards for FreeBSD and Linux
ET/BWMGR Bandwidth Manage for FreeBSD,BSD/OS
ET/BWMGR now available for LINUX also

At 11:27 PM 4/24/99 +0200, you wrote:
>----- Forwarded message from Nick Maddicks <nickm@t-online.de> -----
>To: <www@FreeBSD.ORG>
>Subject: WAN Adapters with FreeBSD Driver Support
>Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:07:55 +0200
>

>Dear Webmaster,
>
>Many of our customers have expressed the view that while information on
FreeBSD software is relatively easy to find on the Web they still have very
real problems finding information about which hardware is available with
FreeBSD driver support, particularly when it comes to connectivity products.

>Consequently, we have investigated their claims and indeed concluded that
looking for connectivity (I/O) products is a little like "looking for a
needle in a haystack". In fact we can't help feeling this state of affairs
must act as a deterrent for some prospective FreeBSD users.

>When visiting your site we were delighted, and more than somewhat
heartened, to see that someone was at least trying to provide the help
FreeBSD users so desperately need.

>We therefore ask you to help us to "spread the word" about the commercial
viability of FreeBSD by including links to our main website at
http://www.adcomtec.com and our partner website at http://www.lanmedia.com
or by including our products in your Hardware section.

>For your reference, ADCOMTEC is the combined European Business Center for
LAN Media Corporation (LMC). ADCOMTEC specializes in providing
high-performance, advanced communications and networking solutions for
CompactPCI, PCI, and PMC based applications. FreeBSD driver support is
provided for a range of high-performance adapters providing connectivity
Synchronous Serial, T1/E1, DS3/T3, and HSSI.